- October 10,2019
Why companies should offer outplacement services and career coaching
Because It’s the Right Thing to Do
For the Employer:
Saying goodbye to employees is never easy, whether it’s a lay-off or a termination or if it is one employee or one hundred employees. It is deciding who and how to terminate an employee that is never pleasant. The reality is it happens. Sometimes an employee doesn’t work out, so you must say goodbye. Or even worse, you might have a fantastic employee but are forced to say goodbye due to organizational restructuring or budget cuts. Whatever the case might be, it isn’t fun, and frankly, it doesn’t get easier; but offering career outplacement services helps. It might seem counter-intuitive that a company looking to cut costs would spend money on an employee who is no longer with the company. But there are many reasons why offering a career outplacement service to departing employees is beneficial. But, because it is the right thing to do.
For the Employee:
Being let go is never easy. Work is what funds our lives. It’s how we make a living. It’s how we can eat, has a roof over our heads, takes vacations, and buy a home. You name it; we need work to survive. It also provides meaning to life. It gives direction, social connections, and status to contribute to an organization. It doesn’t matter if you have been with an organization for two months or twenty years; saying goodbye isn’t easy. It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, male or female; saying goodbye still hurts. It doesn’t matter if you are an entry-level or a high executive; saying goodbye sucks. But, being offered a career outplacement service is the right thing to do.
And Here Are a Couple Reasons Why
It will help your company brand. It will show that even though the organization made changes and let an employee go, they still care. It shows that the staff working in your organization are more than a number. They are people who put time and effort into helping with the growth of a company.
We live in a social media-driven economy now. Reviews and reputation are critical components of a company’s success or failure. If you have an upset employee, the news can spread fast. It is easy for someone to write a negative review on Google or Glassdoor. If a departing employee is offered a career outplacement service, they are more likely to turn a negative situation into a positive one and not write that bad review.
Not offering an outplacement service doesn’t just affect departing employees; it can be a morale killer for existing employees. The chances are good that the previous employees and current employees are friends. Employees who are left may be worried they are next to or extra stressed with added workloads. Whatever the case, you don’t want your high-performing employees to start looking for another job. Providing an outplacement service to the departing workers will reduce the likelihood of departing employees recruiting current employees to leave. And it shows the current employees that you care.
Spending money on an outplacement career transition service will pay back in the long run for several reasons.
First, unemployment claims may be reduced if the laid-off employee can return to work sooner. Remember that more unemployment claims filed also means a higher unemployment tax the company is responsible for. Therefore, unemployment claims savings will quickly pay back the cost of outplacement packages over several years.
Secondly, if a laid-off employee feels supported during the termination process, this will help prevent lawsuits and accusations of wrongful termination by an unhappy employee. This type of news could hurt the company in so many ways. The financial cost associated with lawyer fees during litigation will add up really fast. And it could cause investors and customers to doubt the company’s integrity, leading to a significant income loss.
Do what’s right; hire a career outplacement service for departing employees.
Contact NimoHR for Outplacement Services.
- Navigating Career Transitions: Reshaping Your Resume for a New Path
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- Cracking the Job Interview: Insights from NimoHR’s Interview Preparation Sessions
- Using LinkedIn Articles to Showcase Your Expertise
- Creating a Standout Resume for Phoenix Employers: Tips on crafting a resume tailored to the preferences of local Phoenix employers
- Resume Trends for 2024: What You Need to Know
- From First Impression to Final Question: Excelling at the Four Key Interview Evaluation Points
- Behind the Screens: Understanding the Role of ATS in the Hiring Process
- How to Create the Perfect Executive LinkedIn Profile?
- How to Write a Cover Letter That Gets You the Job You Want
- How To Build A Resume
- Get Professionally Written Resumes And LinkedIn Profiles
- Top 5 Reasons To Avail Of LinkedIn Resume Writing Services
- Helpful Tips For Writing A Perfect Cover Letter
- How to Ace Your Next Interview
- 15 Things To Leave Off Your Resume
- Applying Strategically and Networking
- Effective Interview Strategies
- The Best Job-Board Sites
- 4 Simple Signs That You Should Quit Your Job
- The most common interview questions & the best way to answer them
- How to beat those pesky Applicant Tracking Systems
- Jump-start your career during the COVID-19 crisis
- Questions to ask in an interview
- Career consulting ROI. Why you should purchase a professional resume writing services
- The Importance of a Company Culture and HR’s Role
- Interview Tips: Back to the Basics
Navigating Career Transitions: Reshaping Your Resume for a New Path
In today’s dynamic job market, career transitions have become increasingly common as professionals seek new challenges, industries, or roles to align with their evolving aspirations. One crucial aspect of successfully navigating a career transition is effectively reshaping your resume to highlight transferable skills and showcase relevant experiences. As an industry expert in career services, I’ll… Continue reading Navigating Career Transitions: Reshaping Your Resume for a New PathRead More
How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn is a critical component of the job-hunting process. You will lose credibility in today’s world without a great LinkedIn profile. Mastering it will give you a competitive advantage. You are not only creating your brand; you are expanding your network. It’s a place for companies to find top-notch talent. Human Resource professionals and Recruiters… Continue reading How to Optimize Your LinkedIn ProfileRead More
Cracking the Job Interview: Insights from NimoHR’s Interview Preparation Sessions
Nowadays, nailing a job interview has become absolutely paramount with the super-accelerated job market. Between the worldwide health crisis and shifting job territories, it’s amped up the pressure, making interviews one critical pitstop on your career road trip. That’s where NimoHR steps into the frame – they’re a shining light in this gloomy situation with… Continue reading Cracking the Job Interview: Insights from NimoHR’s Interview Preparation SessionsRead More