- Job Seeker Information
- March 06,2020
Career consulting ROI. Why you should purchase a professional resume writing services
Have you considered hiring for a professional resume, cover letter, LinkedIn upgrade, or interview preparation services? If you answered yes, that is great! If you answered no, that is ok too. Either way, I will break down the ROI to show you why it’s an investment your future will thank you for.
If someone wants to get fit, they join a gym or hire a fitness trainer or nutritionist. If someone wants to save money, they hire a financial advisor. If someone wants to land their dream job, they should hire a career consultant.
Can you do it without a trainer, financial advisor, or a career consultant? Sure. Will you get the best results? Probably not. Learning from your mistakes is a costly way to learn. It costs you time, money, and potentially excellent opportunities.
Your career funds your life- so why not invest in it? Career services like resume and cover letter writing and interview preparation sessions are investments that present a clear and significant ROI.
- A well-written and formatted resume will significantly reduce the time spent in a career transition. Let’s say you secure your next position within three months instead of 6 months due to investing $200 for a professional resume. The ROI based on an annual salary of $150,000 would be $37,200! Or the ROI based on a yearly salary of $75,000 would be $18,600! Or let’s say it takes a little longer to land that dream job. Let’s say you secure your next position within six months rather than 12 months due to investing $200. The ROI on an annual salary of $150,000 would be $74,000! Or a salary of $75,000 would be $37,000! Even if the position you are applying for is $40,000, you will still see a significant ROI. Let’s say you secure your next job in 3 months instead of 6 months at $40,000. That is an ROI of $9,800.
Let’s look at it from a different angle.
- Have you ever heard of the saying, “you get what you pay for”? Well, this is no different in the job-hunting world. Suppose there are two resumes; one is well-written and another is not. The employer will automatically assume that the candidate with a well-written resume is worth more.
A well-written resume will also bring in more offers, which results in leverage to negotiate a better-paying salary.
Same for interviewing. It is often not the most qualified candidate who gets the job; it is the one who interviews the best. If you invest $200 to perfect your interviewing skills, it will pay dividends throughout your career.
Now let’s break down the odds. A career service company cannot guarantee you get a job, but it helps your odds. On average, 200-300 candidates will apply per open position. From there, the employer will conduct about 15 phone interviews, which means that is a .075%- .05% chance of getting that call. After that, the candidate pool will be narrowed down even more. Roughly six candidates will be called back for an in-person interview, which is a .03%-.02% chance. And finally, if a company is looking to hire one person, that is a .005%-.003% of getting the job. See where I am going with this? Investing in a professional resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and interview preparation session is essential. It will dramatically help your odds of landing your next job!
A resume is your ticket to getting in the door for an interview. An interview is your chance to impress the decision-maker, making you one step closer to your next position. Securing a job interview wholly depends on a good resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn account. Don’t get passed by.
Contact NimoHR for a free consultation.
- Navigating Career Transitions: Reshaping Your Resume for a New Path
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- Cracking the Job Interview: Insights from NimoHR’s Interview Preparation Sessions
- Using LinkedIn Articles to Showcase Your Expertise
- Creating a Standout Resume for Phoenix Employers: Tips on crafting a resume tailored to the preferences of local Phoenix employers
- Resume Trends for 2024: What You Need to Know
- From First Impression to Final Question: Excelling at the Four Key Interview Evaluation Points
- Behind the Screens: Understanding the Role of ATS in the Hiring Process
- How to Create the Perfect Executive LinkedIn Profile?
- How to Write a Cover Letter That Gets You the Job You Want
- How To Build A Resume
- Get Professionally Written Resumes And LinkedIn Profiles
- Top 5 Reasons To Avail Of LinkedIn Resume Writing Services
- Helpful Tips For Writing A Perfect Cover Letter
- How to Ace Your Next Interview
- 15 Things To Leave Off Your Resume
- Applying Strategically and Networking
- Effective Interview Strategies
- The Best Job-Board Sites
- 4 Simple Signs That You Should Quit Your Job
- The most common interview questions & the best way to answer them
- How to beat those pesky Applicant Tracking Systems
- Jump-start your career during the COVID-19 crisis
- Questions to ask in an interview
- The Importance of a Company Culture and HR’s Role
- Why companies should offer outplacement services and career coaching
- Interview Tips: Back to the Basics
Navigating Career Transitions: Reshaping Your Resume for a New Path
In today’s dynamic job market, career transitions have become increasingly common as professionals seek new challenges, industries, or roles to align with their evolving aspirations. One crucial aspect of successfully navigating a career transition is effectively reshaping your resume to highlight transferable skills and showcase relevant experiences. As an industry expert in career services, I’ll… Continue reading Navigating Career Transitions: Reshaping Your Resume for a New PathRead More
How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn is a critical component of the job-hunting process. You will lose credibility in today’s world without a great LinkedIn profile. Mastering it will give you a competitive advantage. You are not only creating your brand; you are expanding your network. It’s a place for companies to find top-notch talent. Human Resource professionals and Recruiters… Continue reading How to Optimize Your LinkedIn ProfileRead More
Cracking the Job Interview: Insights from NimoHR’s Interview Preparation Sessions
Nowadays, nailing a job interview has become absolutely paramount with the super-accelerated job market. Between the worldwide health crisis and shifting job territories, it’s amped up the pressure, making interviews one critical pitstop on your career road trip. That’s where NimoHR steps into the frame – they’re a shining light in this gloomy situation with… Continue reading Cracking the Job Interview: Insights from NimoHR’s Interview Preparation SessionsRead More